Alaska Children’s Trust (ACT) staff are available to either provide trainings or connect you with a trainer experienced in the subjects you need. Our pool of trainers include ACT staff, members of our speaker’s bureau, and trainers from partner organizations such as First Alaskans Institute, the Native Village of Chickaloon, and the Alaska Native Medical Center.
Training topics include:
- ACEs/Trauma 101
- Healthy brain development and the neurobiology of trauma
- Why are adverse childhood experiences so adverse? Epigenetics, physiology, and neurobiology
- Protective factors and resilience
- Social justice, oppression, and trauma
- Historical and ongoing trauma
- Cultural strengths
Additionally, our communications workgroup has worked with partners throughout the state to compile this spreadsheet of trainings on trauma and resilience and how to access trainers.